Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins



Title:         Until There Was You
Publisher:  Harlequin
Imprint:     HQNBooks
Pub Date: 10/25/2011
ISBN:       9780373776115
Author:     Kristan Higgins

She’s having serious prom-night déjà vu…

Posey Osterhagen can’t complain. She owns a successful architectural salvaging company, she’s surrounded by her lovable, if off-center, family and she has a boyfriend—sort of. Still, something’s missing. Something tall, brooding and criminally good-looking… something like Liam Murphy.

When Posey was sixteen, the bad boy of Bellsford, New Hampshire, broke her heart. But now he’s back, sending Posey’s traitorous schoolgirl heart into overdrive once again. She should be giving him a wide berth, but it seems fate has other ideas…

I love My One and Only written by Kristan Higgins. So as soon as I saw her next book become available, I could not help not to read it.

Unlike My One and Only, this book is written in third person POV, for both hero and heroine. The story is about Posey was love at first sight with the bad boy Liam since they met 20 years ago in their high school. Liam was working in Posey's parents' restaurant at that time. And seeing he was a bad boy, Liam had kept his distant with Posey. And then later he fell in love with a popular girl at school, Emma and they got married and moved to California.

Liam and Emma had a daughter Nicole. 2 years ago Emma had died from leukaemia and Liam had decided to move back to Posey's hometown (which is also Emma's hometown) so that Nicole could get closer with the grandparents. And from a bad boy, Liam had become a protective and responsible father, but still attractive and sexy and women started throw themselves at him. Except Posey, who wanted to protect her heart from getting hurt again. And Liam, just wanted to give the best to his beloved daughter and not thinking about getting into any relationship. But fate seems say otherwise.

I did not fall in love with this book right away. I feel the style is slightly different with her last book that I have read. Nonetheless, she did not disappoint me. Again, it is full of emotion in the story: Friendship, family, love, anger, jealousy, heartbreak. The story is very realistic and in depth. And the characters, both main and secondary characters are vivid with clearly defined role.

In overall, I enjoy reading this book though I prefer My One and Only. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Note: I receive the ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: