Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Surgeon's Secret Baby by Ann Christopher



Title:         The Surgeon's Secret Baby
SubTitle:   Hopewell General
Publisher:  Harlequin
Imprint:     KimaniRomance
Pub Date:  09/06/2011
ISBN:       9780373862252
Author:     Ann Christopher

Sensuality heals. Love cures.

Lia Taylor needs Thomas Bradshaw like she’s never needed anyone before. The hunky, super-ambitious Head of Surgery at Hopewell General is the only one who can save her young son. Falling for the seductive surgeon is a prescription for trouble. But there’s no cure for her smitten condition once Thomas brands her with his sensual touch.

The scion of a powerful family, Thomas has vowed to devote his life to healing others. Having an affair with the alluring computer wiz and single mother could cost the workaholic doc his career at the prominent, scandal-plagued Virginia hospital. Especially if his explosive secret gets out. But Thomas can’t give Lia up. His diagnosis? A future together filled with all the love their hearts can hold.…


What would be your reaction when one day a woman approaches you and tell you that you are the father of her 8 years old son from the sperm that you have donated to a sperm bank? I would say Thomas handled the whole thing very well. And I admire Lia for her courage to do anything just to save her son, Jalen. She did not have much choice too as none of her family members including herself, is a match to donate the kidney to save Jalen. Besides saving his son, Thomas was very attracted to Lia. Even though Lia was trying very hard to resist Thomas, but she could not deny the intense chemistry between them. And Jalen's a gem! He's smart and witty, well brought up by Lia. He would say something that out of your expectation, making their parents' jaw dropped.

Overall, it was a light-hearted and easy read. And fun too! I was actually chuckling all the way. The story is sweet and heart-warming. I enjoy reading it very much.

I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.



Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: