Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hearts that Survive: A Novel of the Titanic by Yvonne Lehman



Title:         Hearts that Survive: A Novel of the Titanic
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
Pub Date:  March 01, 2012
ISBN:        9781426744884
Author:     Yvonne Lehman

On April 15, 1912, Lydia Beaumont is on her way to a new life with a boundless hope in love and faith. Her new friendship with Caroline Chadwick is bonded even more as they plan Lydia’s wedding on board the “grandest ship ever built.” Then both women suffer tragic losses when the “unsinkable” Titanic goes down. Can each survive the scars the disaster left on their lives?

Decades later, Alan Morris feels like a failure until he discovers he is the descendant of an acclaimed, successful, heroic novelist who went down with the Titanic. Will he find his identity with the past, or will he listen to Joanna Bettencourt, Caroline’s granddaughter, who says inner peace and success come only with a personal relationship with the Lord?

Will those who survived and their descendants be able to find a love more powerful than their pain?


This is the second book about Titanic that I read this year. Needless to say, another touching story. It's not only about love, it's about friendship too. I like to read about the love between Lydia and John Ancell. And the friendship between Lydia, Caroline and Bess. I admire Lydia for making the decision to protect her and her baby. And although I don't quite like Craven, but somehow I change my view on him after he knew the truth about the child. Lydia was such so lucky to have 2 men that love her so much and protect her all the way in her life. Although Lydia and Caroline only get to know each other in Titanic, but the tragedy had made their friendship strong and long lasting until many years later. Caroline is another strong character that I like very much.

The story started with their journey in Titanic, the tragedy, then surviving the heart break in a total new place and the next generation. The part on the next generation is not as details, but I was drawn into the whole story and each characters, as if I have known them for very long time.

I enjoy reading this book very much. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.


Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

oo this is the book that you told me about?

Unknown said...

Errr did I? Can't remember LOL!