Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima



Title:         The Warrior Heir
Publisher:  Disney-Hyperion
Pub Date:  March 28, 2006
ISBN:        9780786839179
Author:     Cinda Williams Chima

Before he knew about the Roses, 16-year-old Jack lived an unremarkable life in the small Ohio town of Trinity. Only the medicine he has to take daily and the thick scar above his heart set him apart from the other high-schoolers. Then one day Jack skips his medicine. Suddenly, he is stronger, fiercer, and more confident than ever before. And it feels great-until he loses control of his own strength and nearly kills another player during soccer team tryouts.

Soon, Jack learns the startling truth about himself: He is Weirlind; part of an underground society of magical people who live among us. At the head of this magical society sit the feuding houses of the Red Rose and the White Rose, whose power is determined by playing The Game-a magical tournament in which each house sponsors a warrior to fight to the death. The winning house rules the Weir. As if his bizarre magical heritage isn't enough, Jack finds out that he's not just another member of Weirlind-he's one of the last of the warriors-at a time when both houses are scouting for a player.


I find the story is kind of interesting. Despite the pace is a little slow, the development of the story and the characters are quite good. The thing that keep me reading the book is the tournament and the outcome of it. There are few twists that out of my expectations. But his opponent at the tournament was someone that I have expected. Though the ending is kind of unexpected and a little disappointed, but I think it's still a good ending.

Overall it was worth the read, especially if you like a story with lots of actions and adventures, with some suspense elements in it. I would like to read the other 2 books in this series.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

i like suspense

Unknown said...

I saw this book was on BBWS last year.