Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Friday, August 12, 2011

Turnabout's Fair Play by Kaye Dacus



Title:         Turnabout's Fair Play
Publisher:     Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Pub Date:     11/01/2011
ISBN:         9781602609914
Author:     Kaye Dacus

The Matchmaker Has Met Her Match. . . Jamie O’Connor knows his grandmother Maureen has matchmaking on the mind when she starts inviting him to events where single women are present. Realizing she’s somewhat smitten with an older gentleman, Jamie decides to turn the tables on Maureen by agreeing to meet Kirby McNeill’s granddaughter Flannery at dinner—with both grandparents there. Flan is thrilled that her widowed grandfather is now attending church. So when he invites her to meet a grandson of a woman from his single seniors’ group, she agrees to go along—only to encourage her grandfather. Then Flan winds up conspiring with Jamie to play matchmaker, too, and soon wonders how she’ll be able to tolerate spending so much time with Jamie and his over-inflated ego. As the juniors scheme to bring the seniors together, a hilarious tumult of mayhem and misconceptions ensues. . .but will it end in romance?


It is a light-hearted and easy read. The story is heart warming and sweet. And I like the sense of humour that author has blended into the story, which make the story more alive. I was laughing, smiling and giggling all the way. 

The story is quite realistic too. I get to see the not-so-perfect hero and heroine. I also like the religious element in the story. The plot is simple. The author has done a brilliant job on the way how Jamie and Flannery were brought together; how they interacted with each other; and how Jamie respected Flan. Their relationship was developed naturally. Majority of the story is about Jamie and Flan. Although there was not much about the sub characters, they play an important role to Jamie and Flan, especially Flan. Friendship is the main component in the story.

I enjoy reading this book very much. If you are looking for something light and funny, this is the book for you. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.


Note: I receive the ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments: