Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Monday, August 15, 2011

Lucky Girl by Cate Lord


Title:         Lucky Girl
Publisher:  Entangled Publishing, LLC
Pub Date: 09/06/2011
ISBN:      9781937044213
Author:     Cate Lord

Jessica Devlin isn’t looking for love. Heartbroken after being dumped by her unfaithful ex-fiancé, she’s determined to have a fabulous time during her vacation in England where she’ll be maid-of-honor at her cousin’s wedding. After working overtime as beauty editor of Orlando’s O Tart magazine, avoiding dating, and putting on ten pounds, Jess is ready to toss her past like an empty lipstick tube and party like a single gal.

But when she steps into the church on her cousin’s wedding day, she sees the one man who could sabotage her plan—James-Bond-gorgeous Nick Mondinello. She’s never forgotten the London marketing exec who held her in his arms after her beloved grandfather’s funeral two years ago. Ambitious, and lusted after by women everywhere, Nick is completely wrong for guarded, Plain Jane Jess.

Could Spy Man Nick ever fall for her? Nope. Not unless Jess is one lucky girl.

Normally I won't choose to read Chic lit. But I did not regret reading this book. In fact, I quite enjoy reading it. It is light-hearted and easy read. It's fun reading what's inside Jessica's mind, although I found some of her imaginations were hilarious. Despite fussing about the extra 10 pounds, I like that she did not cut down on her food intake and her cravings on something sweet. While Nick was projected as playboy by Jessica's cousins, I don't think it mentioned what made Nick attracted to Jess besides that they had met 2 years ago during that one night at the bar and they were physically attracted. Besides that I also think their relationship was too fast. But put this aside, if you want something light and funny, this is a book for you.

I rate it 3 out of 5 stars.


Note: I receive the ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hi Chee Yee, good for your reading books.
Looks interesting.
Have you read any of Han Suyin's books?
Keep well, Lee.