Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Scrumptious by Amanda Usen





Title:         Scrumptious
Publisher:  Sourcebooks
Imprint:     Sourcebooks Casablanca
Pub Date: January 01, 2012
ISBN:      9781402259821
Author:     Usen, Amanda


Sparks fly between love 'em and leave 'em pastry chef and poker sharp Marlene Bennet and traveling chef-for-hire Joe Rafferty when the two culinary perfectionists are forced to share a kitchen. But several suspicious accidents at the restaurant convince Marlene and Joe to work together to uncover the saboteur. Maybe a little intrigue and high-stakes poker will be the perfect ingredients for these commitment-phobic foodies to whip up a happily ever after.


This is light-hearted and easy read, and fun too. And reading the yummy food that they make really made me mouth watering. Due to their background and history, they thought the other one is not the right person for them despite the chemistry between them. They are definitely good cooking partner for the restaurant. I like to see both of them "in action" on handling the orders from the diners. And how cool they are when reacting to those incidents that come up unexpectedly. On the other hand, I don't quite like Olivia. If she's Marlene's best friend, how come she's not telling everything to Marlene. In fact, she's sharing more of her issues to Joe than to Marlene.

The story is well written consider this is the author's debut novel. The character is well developed too. The ending may be a little rush, but nevertheless is a good ending. I enjoy reading it very much.

I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.


Note: I receive the digital copy of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: