Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Saturday, December 10, 2011

One Perfect Night by Rachael Johns



Title:         One Perfect Night
Publisher:     Carina Press
Pub Date:     December 19, 2011
ISBN:         9781426892912
Author:     Johns, Rachael

Peppa Grant's fellow employees may call their new CEO Mr. McSexy, but she's also heard that he's aloof and distant. Cameron McCormac certainly seems cold toward Christmas when she meets him at the company's annual party...but he's also the sexiest man Peppa has ever seen. And when he offers to forgive the damage she accidentally caused to his expensive car in exchange for accompanying him to his family's holiday get-together, she agrees.

Cameron needs a date to the family party to get his matchmaking relatives off his back. Their chemistry is instant and undeniable, leading to an incredible one-night stand. But Peppa wants love and family, while Cameron's only interested in temporary pleasure. When their relationship takes an unexpectedly serious turn, will he run the other way-or will he give love a second chance?



The story is kind of romantic and sweet. And yet both main characters were dealing with pain and loss. Both were struggling with their own emotion and hurt. Both enjoy each other accompaniment so much that, they did not realize they have actually fall in love with each other unintentionally.  And the incredible night together just made them crave for more, until things started getting out of control.

I like the story. It's very well written; especially this is the author's debut. Characters are well developed too. It's an easy read. I enjoy reading it very much. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.



Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Alice Law said...

You still got the ARC? If it's not expire yet, it would be nice if I get to read it.:)