Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Ruby Kiss by Helen Scott Taylor



Title:         The Ruby Kiss
Publisher:     Dorchester Publishing
Imprint:     Dorchester Publishing
Pub Date:     November 01, 2011
ISBN:         9781428511774
Author:     Helen Scott Taylor


A POWERFUL NIGHTSTALKER
Nightshade hungers to bring the strong and beautiful to their knees beneath the ecstasy of his bite, but he has never known sexual lust—not until he meets Ruby McDonald, the curvy redhead who wields attitude and strength like an ax, and who would be the perfect mother of his children. Caught in a clash between the Seelie and Unseelie courts, he vows not only her survival but also to win her heart.

A MORTAL WITH A SECRET
Plagued by magic inherited from a father she never knew, Ruby wants answers. Nightshade has them. And when he crashes into her bedroom late one night, the fairy’s silvery eyes, dark intensity, and striking black wings tempt her with a whole lot more: a mysterious world waiting to be explored, a dangerous love that binds her in body, mind, and spirit…and the children she thought she could never have. Ahead looms a choice between freedom and a power some would kill to possess. Should she deny her desires, or succumb to the seduction of… THE RUBY KISS



This is actually book 4 of The Magic Knot series. I actually have never read other books in the same series, but I don't really have much problem picking up this book. It is mostly about Nightshade and Ruby. How they met, and then how their relationship developed from then. There are lots of actions and adventure on this story. At times, I feel a little frustrated with Ruby. She is a goddess, she has power and yet she could not use her power. Each time she has to rely on others to protect her, to help her. And so coincidence, both Nightshade and Ruby have very selfish father, who only care about themselves and not the children. I like Troy and Devin though. Nightshade is so lucky to have them as his friend. As they are willing to do anything to help Nightshade and Ruby, even if require them to sacrifice themselves. The ending is good. If you like fantasy and paranormal, you may like this book.

I rate it 3 out of 5 stars.


Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: