Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Monday, July 9, 2012

Taste by Kate Evangelista



From Goodreads: -

At Barinkoff Academy, there's only one rule: no students on campus after curfew. Phoenix McKay soon finds out why when she is left behind at sunset. A group calling themselves night students threaten to taste her flesh until she is saved by a mysterious, alluring boy. With his pale skin, dark eyes, and mesmerizing voice, Demitri is both irresistible and impenetrable. He warns her to stay away from his dangerous world of flesh eaters. Unfortunately, the gorgeous and playful Luka has other plans. When Phoenix is caught between her physical and her emotional attraction, she becomes the keeper of a deadly secret that will rock the foundations of an ancient civilization living beneath Barinkoff Academy. Phoenix doesn't realize until it is too late that the closer she gets to both Demitri and Luka the more she is plunging them all into a centuries old feud.


I was attracted to the book cover and the storyline of this book. And as I started reading, I just could not put it down. I was drawn into their world and both Demitri and Luka were irresistible.

The book is quite an easy read. The story is very original. And the pace is good, except I feel that it's rather rush towards the ending. Characters are well developed. While it shows how attractive Demitri is to Phoenix, but I don't think it shows or explains how Demitri has developed deep feeling for Phoenix. I wonder is there any sequel to this book.  

I enjoy reading it very much. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: