Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Starring Me by Krista McGee


Title:         Starring Me
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Pub Date:  July 10, 2012
ISBN:        9781401684891
Author:     Krista McGee

Kara McKormick is told she's auditioning to star in a new teen variety show. But it's what she isn't told that could change her life.

The feisty New Yorker moves to sunny Orlando to participate in a month-long audition, where she'll live with nine other contestants and an eccentric housemother. Kara knows that the show already has a big-time celebrity lined up for the co-host, but she doesn't know who it is.

Chad Beacon quickly rose to fame after winning America's Next Star, but he doesn't want his entire career to be about singing. There is so much more he wants to do-like act. The new variety show sounds like the perfect next step for him, but his parents want him to have a co-star who shares his faith since they'll be spending so much time together.

Acting is high on Kara's priority list. But a relationship with God? Not so much. In fact, she's tried to stay away from anything religious. But God is after Kara's heart and He's put people in her life who are showing her there's far more to Christianity than rules and judgment.

And just when it seems that Kara's going to have to give up her acting dream, God reveals that she may have a starring role after all-in a story so big only He could write it.



This is a light and easy read. Kara and Chad both are very likable characters. Both Kara and Chad are down to earth people and brought up well by their parents. I like the way Kara handles the other participants. I'm also amazed by Chad on his faith at the God, who believe the God will choose the right girl for his show. The story is a little similar to First Date, the first book in the series, but nonetheless I enjoy it very much. It is an easy read, and yet a page turner. Though Starring Me is more on how Kara finally turn to become a Christian, the story is not preachy at all. And I enjoy reading those audition scene very much. If you need something simple to read and relax, this is a book for you.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.


Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: