Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Wedding Gift by Kathleen McKenna




Title:         The Wedding Gift
Publisher:  Bell Bridge Books
Pub Date:  October 19, 2011
ISBN:        9781611940527
Author:      Kathleen McKenna


From Goodreads:

17 year old Leeann Worthier is the perfect girl in town - or so she says.

George Willets is the heir to a booming petroleum business.

When they announce their engagement, George's controlling mother is unimpressed and Leeann absolutely refuses to live with her mother-in-law. So George gives his new wife a house as a wedding gift.

Thirty years before, the same house had hosted a grisly scene: George's uncle and cousins had all been slaughtered, his aunt Robina accused of both murder and suicide.

The house is a gorgeous, well-maintained mansion but has stood empty since the tragedy. It's intimidating, but who is Leeann to turn down a free house? When the ghost of Robina begins to haunt Leeann, she realizes she's made a huge mistake ...

"A rip roaring murderously good time," Tiffany Harkleroad of Tiffany's Bookshelf.


This book is totally out of my expectation. I don't mean it's badly written, but I never expect it's a journal. It's actually Leeann's journal. So it's in first POV, with Leeann narrating the story from beginning until the end. Thus you only get one side of the story. Surprisingly it is not boring at all. She started with how she get to know George and how they got married, and what happened after that.  Leeann was just 17 years old and she's a funny person. So you have to set your expectations on the way a 17 years old girl will talk, as this is how she wrote her journal. Some people may find the haunted house creepy, but not to me. I'm not sure what should I expect from a 17 years old, but I do find Leeann a little immature and too vain. But being forced into marriage seems do make her grow. She was lucky to have a very good friend that always there for her. The ending was unexpected but it's a good ending. It's a story with some romance, mystery, suspense and horror.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars.

Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: