Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry #2) by Simone Elkeles




From Goodreads:

When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for the past year, he doesn't want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him in Colorado. When he meets Kiara Westford, a good girl totally unlike any of the girls he's usually drawn to, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she's too good for him. But will he put his pride aside when he realizes that being with Kiara might finally allow him to be his true self?



Did I say I love Perfect Chemistry? And I do love this book 2 about Carlos too. It's written in similar writing style as Perfect Chemistry, a narration alternating between Carlos and Kiara. I started to like this kind of writing style - getting inside the head of both main characters. I was a little frustrating with Carlos actually. Why he kept the thing to himself without telling his brother Alex about it. I guess it's guys thing. Anyway, no matter how bad he is I just could not hate him. I like Kiara too. She's different from other girls. And she had an amazing parents! A parents that respect her, trust her, treat her as an adult. They were very open minded. I like the way her dad talked to her and Carlos. I wanted to learn from him on how to communicate with my kids. :) 

Carlos did not like Kiara at the beginning actually. And likewise for Kiara. It was fun to see how they interacted with each other, and how their relationship developed naturally. The pace was good. I simply cant' put down this book as I was eager to know what would happen to Carlos. 


I enjoy this book very much. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars. 



3 comments:

Small Kucing said...

sound great wor

Unknown said...

Small Kucing - Oh I like this series a lot. This author has very good writing.

Alice Law said...

I actually hv it in my collection, but yet hv time to read it... I tot Carlos alrdy had a Mexican gf, so may good book ard, now I wonder which I put in my priority list...