Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Guardian by Robbie Cheuvront and Erik Reed


Title:         The Guardian
Publisher:  Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Imprint:     Barbour Books
Pub Date:  09/01/2011
ISBN:       9781616262785
Author:     Robbie Cheuvront and Erik Reed

Plunge into the world of seen and unseen forces in The Guardian. Anna Riley has just come into possession of a two-thousand-year old scroll that God gave to John the Disciple. Her mission—to guard the scroll and unlock its secret. Jason Lang, her protector, has his work cut out for him as they begin their journey around the world, facing corruption and dodging bullets—all the while trying to keep his attraction to Anna at bay. Will he succeed in defending the woman he’s vowed to protect? Will Anna, forced to trust other people to stay alive, fulfill the challenge that she’s accepted?






This story is full of actions, running from one place to another. After Anna had accepted the duty from her grandfather, to complete the task from God, her life was no longer same. Within few days, she had to run away from the bad people and witnessed death, and more death along the journey. She learnt to trust and have faith in God, on completing this task. What made me sad is, why so many good people have to die. And many times, I was very worry for Anna when the bad people were catching up on her.

I enjoy the Christian values that was being presented throughout the whole book. The pace is good. The story also flows smoothly. I feel the ending was a bit rush, nonetheless it's a good book. I enjoy reading it very much.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: