Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dream Lover by Adrienne Staff




Title:         Dream Lover
SubTitle:   A Loveswept Classic Romance
Publisher:  Random House Publishing Group
Imprint:     Loveswept
Pub Date: 08/08/2011
ISBN:      9780307799111
Author:     Adrienne Staff

The mystical allure of the Arizona desert—and a rugged, sexy tour guide—bring hope and happiness to a woman haunted by tragedy in this romance from Adrienne Staff.

All hotel manager Carol Lawson wants from her new life in Carefree, Arizona, is to stay busy. Work and more work keep regrets from flooding back. But from the moment tall, dark, and delicious Cody Briggs strides into her life, Carol feels a little reckless. He is a vision out of her dreams-a powerful renegade determined to awaken her senses and heal her broken spirit.

Cody knows whatit's like to feel betrayed by life. A renowned archeologist who refused to trade integrity for profit, he's faced his demons. But he understands the healing power of this breathtaking land-and in Carol's timeless beauty and sensuality, he sees the perfect woman to share it with. Can ecstasy bring Carol to the point of no return, where a leap of faith promises a love that is destiny?


The story is quite interesting and easy read. The beginning was quite captivating, made me wondering about the dream that Carol was having, and what kind of bad experience that she had giving her such grief. But after Carol repeatedly thinking Cody was not for her due to her past, I feel the story becomes a little draggy. However very soon the story moves on after that. I like the little here and there on the native American culture, which is something new to me.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars.


Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: