Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Men in Black by Eden Unger Bowditch


Title:         The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Men in Black
SubTitle:   The Young Inventors Guild: Book One
Publisher:  Bancroft Press
Pub Date:  03/15/2011
ISBN:        9781610880022
Author:      Eden Unger Bowditch

Book Summary: -

In 1903, five truly brilliant young inventors, the children of the world’s most important scientists, are taken from their lives and their parents by the mysterious men in black. They take twelve-year-old Jasper and six-year-old Lucy Modest from London, England; nine-year-old Wallace Banneker from New York, United States; twelve-year-old Noah Canto-Sagas from Toronto, Canada; and thirteen-year-old Faye Vigyanveta from New Delhi, India, depositing them all at a strange, isolated farmhouse in Dayton, Ohio, with kindly schoolteacher Miss Brett. But what mysterious invention have all the children, unbeknownst to one another, been working on? Who are the men in black? And are the men in black trying to kidnap them—or protect them?



My Review: -

The starting of this book is very slow. Until I almost want to give up reading. Anyway the pace never really increases later. But I was curious to know who are these men in black and whether they are good or bad guys. I was also curious whether the children will successfully run away and rescue their parents or not. One thing the children learn is that a man dress in suit not necessary is a gentleman; a man dress in weirdo outfit not necessary is a bad guy. From being a lonesome the children learn to make friend with each other and work together as a team. The ending was rather disappointing. But I guess we suppose to find the answer from Book 2 or probably Book 3 since it is a trilogy.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars.


Note: I receive the ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: