Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Friday, May 10, 2013

Reaping Me Softly (The Reaper Series #1) by Kate Evangelista



From Goodreads: -

Ever since a near-death-experience on the operating table, seventeen-year-old Arianne Wilson can see dead people. Just as she’s learned to accept her new-found talents, she discovers that the boy she’s had a crush on since freshman year, Niko Clark, is a Reaper.

At last they have something in common, but that doesn’t mean life is getting any easier. All while facing merciless bullying from the most powerful girl in school, Arianne’s world is turned upside down after Niko accidentally reaps the soul of someone she loves. This sends them both into a spiral that threatens to end Arianne’s life. But will Niko break his own Reaper’s code to save her? And what would the consequences be if he did?




Reaping Me Softly is an interesting read. It's nice to read something that is not vampire or werewolf in the paranormal genre. The author did a good job in developing the plot as well as the characters in the story. Niko was a refreshing character. I like how he took care Arianne and trying his best way to protect her. Arianne was a kind and a lovely girl who cared a lot for her family. I envy her best-friend-like relationship with her sister Carrie. And how far she would do for her sister. Arianne's best friend, Ben is a very likeable character too. And I was not surprise of his action at the ending. Another very interesting character here was Death. Kate made Death and his minion, the reaper totally different from the 'traditional'. The idea of the reaper could grow old like normal human being, and then be reborn, made the romance between Niko and Arianne very possible. I won't say the ending is unpredictable. But I really did not see the "losing memory" part coming. And honestly, I'm anxious to read the next installment of the series.

I enjoy reading this book very much. I rate it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: