Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Darkness Rising (East Salem Trilogy #2) by Lis Wiehl




From Goodreads: -

The evil that's in East Salem is no longer content to hide in the shadows. The stakes-and the darkness-are rising.

Dani Harris thought there wasn't much left that could surprise her after serving as a forensic psychiatrist in East Salem. And Tommy Gunderson has faced few challenges in his life that he couldn't overcome by either physical strength or his celebrity status.

But as they race to uncover what's really happening behind the high walls of St. Adrian's Academy, it becomes clear that supernatural forces have been at work here for generations. And now their focus is on making sure Dani and Tommy don't interfere.

When the unseen becomes seen, faith is the only weapon strong enough to fight in a battle involving not only murder and betrayal-but angels and demons.



I like the first book in this series very much. The writer is very good at creating suspense making it a page turner. In this book 2 of the series, the story continues where Waking Hours left off. In my opinion, it's ok to read book 2 without reading book 1, but I would still recommend to read book 1 to have better understanding on the back ground of the characters as well as the case.

In this 2nd book, Dani and Tommy continue to work together on the case. And this time, both Dani and Tommy's ex come into picture which make their relationship a little more challenging. The plot of the story is amazing. I like the twists and turns and the suspense elements in the story. I can never expect what will happen next. Once I started reading, I just could not stop. I like both characters of Dani and Tommy a lot. They are mature, strong, insightful and have faith. I can't wait to further read about the development of their relationship. In this 2nd book, the devil has finally emerged. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!

I enjoy reading this book very much. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.




No comments: