Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Monday, August 6, 2012

Slow Summer Kisses by Shannon Stacey



From Goodreads: -

Anna Frazier is used to living life at 100 mph, but being downsized out of a job in the financial industry has her permanently stalled. With nowhere to "go, go, go, " Anna hails a cab to her grandparents' neglected New Hampshire camp to plan her next move. It seems like a good idea--until she realizes there's no takeout to be had and the boy next door has grown into a sexy but surly recluse.

Cameron Mayfield knows he can kiss his peace and quiet goodbye when Hurricane Anna blows in. She was loud and bossy as a ten-year-old--and besides developing some attractive curves, she hasn't changed. Cam's not looking for a relationship, especially not with a woman like Anna. He nearly broke down on that road once before. So why can't he stop thinking about her?

It's not long before their sizzling attraction leads to smoking-hot kisses. But as the days get shorter, Anna must decide if she's found a new road to happiness, or just taken a detour.


Having read few of the Kowalski series from Shannon Stacey, I would say I quite like her writing. However Slow Summer Kisses is not like Kowalski, there's not big family. Nonetheless I quite enjoy reading the interaction between Anna and Cameron. some parts are quite fun actually, especially when they try to annoy each other. It did annoy me a little that despite they were attracted to each other, but on the other hand they kept telling themselves why and how much they did not like each other. I like the ending. It's a good ending. I'm glad Anna came to her senses and made a wise decision.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: