Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins




My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.

 

This is the 3rd and last book of The Hunger Games series. This is my very first YA series on Dystopian. And honestly, the whole series makes me think a lot.

After the cliffhanger ending of Catching Fire, Mockingjay picked up from there. The whole story is depressing. It makes me wonder, what Katniss has done to make her deserve such torture, to go through all these? In Mockingjay, not only things out of her control, it was out of Peeta's control as well. I feel sad knowing what Peeta had to go through. I feel even sad knowing there's nothing that Katniss could do to improve Peeta's situation. To me, it's a war that should not involve Katniss and the rest. Unfortunately, some of her actions in the Hunger Games indirectly making herself get involved with no option to say no.

The more I read Mockingjay, the more I feel the world has become so cruel. Towards the end when I read about what happened to Katniss's sister Primrose, my first thought is - if this is what will happen to Prim at the end, then it's become worthless for Katniss to sacrifice herself volunteered for the Hunger Games replacing Primrose at the first place. Anyway, the ending is not that bad after all. Other than the story is depressing, the writing style is good. The emotional roller coaster that Katniss had gone through are so vivid and helpless. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Hoping BBWS will have this

Unknown said...

Small Kucing - You can try ask them. This series is kind of old, about same time as Twilight.