Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Friday, April 20, 2012

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik



From Goodreads:

Will Elise's love life be an epic win or an epic fail?

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:

As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school--not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.

As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn't exactly on everyone's must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise's beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince's best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.


I thought I won't enjoy reading high school romance thinking that they may be childish but I was so wrong. I actually enjoy reading this book very much. Every bit of it. And Elise, her sister Juliana, Derek and his best friend Chase are definitely mature for their age. I envy at the close relationship between Elise and Juliana. I wish I have a sister that I can trust on and talk to on everything. And both of them are brought up well by their parents. I like the way their father treated them as adult and having trust on them. As for Derek, despite his celebrity parents, he was brought up well as well and he's lucky to have Chase as his best friend. Both of them though coming from rich family, they do not look down on Elise and Juliana. I enjoy reading how the four of them interacting with each other; how Elise not to fall for Derek; how Elise changed her mind about Derek after getting to know more about him; and how Derek wins Elise's heart by being himself.

The plot is simple. The pace is good. The story is sweet and warm-hearted. I think it teaches some good values especially to the teenagers.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: