Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter



Title:         The Accidental Bride
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Pub Date:  January 03, 2012
ISBN:       9781595548023
Author:     Denise Hunter


When a wedding reenactment turns real, this cowgirl suddenly finds she’s an accidental bride. Shay Brandenberger is raising her daughter in Moose Creek, Montana on her childhood ranch, nestled against the Yellowstone River. Despite her hard work, she can’t seem to keep her head above water—and now the bank is threatening to foreclose. She prays for a miracle, but the answer she receives is anything but. Having agreed to play the bride in the Founders Day wedding reenactment, Shay is mortified to be greeted at the end of the aisle by none other than Travis McCoy, her high school sweetheart—the man who left her high and dry for fame and fortune on the Texas rodeo circuit.  Then the unthinkable happens. Thanks to a well-meaning busy body and an absent minded preacher, the wedding reenactment results in a legal marriage. But before Shay can say annulment, Travis comes up with a crazy proposal. If she refuses his offer, she’ll lose her home. But if she accepts, she may lose her heart.  Shay isn’t sure if the recent events are God’s will or just a preacher’s blunder. Will trusting her heart to the man who once shattered it be the worst mistake of her life? Or could their marriage be the best accident that ever happened?

I like this book a lot. Besides the interesting storyline, the meaning behind the story captures my heart. My favorite quote from the book -
“For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people?” 
This is so true. Shay made lots of decision based on other people's judgment. However she has forgotten that, most of those people do not know about the truth. Lots of time people make judgment based on limited information available to them at that time. And it'll be so tiring to please everyone. I'm glad that finally Shay realizes about this and make a change for it. Travis has been very good to Shay and her daughter. At times I feel a little frustrated that how come Shay fails to see his love for her. But despite his good heart, he has never being honest to Shay about his feelings. He thought his actions have shown that to Shay. I wish he could be more persistent when Shay rejected him. At the end both decided to trust God on handling this for them.

Overall it's an enjoyable read. A little about forgiveness and letting go. And trusting God.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: