Reading, makes me feel relax.
Reading, helps me to de-stress.
Reading, makes me ponder a lot, reflect my own life.
Whether it is romance, suspense, thriller, mystery, historical, horror, or chic-lit,
Reading, brings me a new level of pleasures and satisfaction.

Please also visit

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Am Tama, Lucky Cat




Title: I Am Tama, Lucky Cat
SubTitle: A Japanese Legend
Publisher: Peachtree Publishers
Imprint: A children's picture book from Peachtree Publishers
Pub Date: 08/01/2011
ISBN: 9781561455898
Author: Wendy Henrichs
Contributors:
Illustrated by: Yoshiko Jaeggi

I Am Tama, Lucky Cat is a story based on Japanese legend. Lucky Cat, or Beckoning Cat, is called Maneki Neko in Japanese. Owners like to place a Lucky Cat figurine at the storefront windows or restaurant counters, beckoning the visitors in with promises of good fortune.

I Am Tama, Lucky Cat by Peachtree Publishers is a children picture book. The story is about how Tama, the Lucky Cat brings good luck to a warlord. It is beautifully illustrated, with simple text, just right for the children. However I think the text can be larger. This book is very suitable for quick bedtime stories for the children as it has 18 pages only. I could not comment on the paper quality of the book as I'm receiving an eBook version for review purpose.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Note: I receive the ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: